Thursday, September 13, 2012

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Welcome!

So, my goal with this blog is to comment on all aspects of entertainment. What I plan on doing is voicing my opinion on anything and everything entertainment. I will serve as a reviewer and provide an insight on projects in development. There are so many things happening in the entertainment world, and only a few things are getting national press.



 Essentially, I want to talk about what no one else is talking about. Granted, many things will be mainstream, but an opinion from someone who holds no prejudices about what is good and bad, until they actually experience it, can be beneficial for the average consumer…at least that’s what I hope.

Now, as much as I dislike most reality television, I really appreciate competition shows. The reason these shows appeal to me is because it is a showcase of skills and talents. I watched American Idol when it came out because I believed it was a great idea. So many people with talent are overlooked because many popular singers have an element of luck when it comes to being discovered. American Idol leveled the playing field. After a few seasons I grew tired of the same things happening year after year. I mean, singing is either done well, or isn’t. There isn’t much lasting entertainment. So naturally I was excited when America’s Got Talent  began airing. Every season has brought amazing and unique acts, things that you may have never come across in your life. A.G.T. is where I caught wind of the Jabbawockeez, an amazing and innovative dance crew whom I began to follow since their appearance on season 2.

This year’s season of America’s Got Talent has impressed me above all other seasons. None of the top 6 acts are a singer, which speaks to the evolution of what is considered mainstream entertainment in America since American Idol’s inception. The top six acts include a dog tricks act, a painter, a sand painter, a comedian, a musician who creates his own instruments, and a phenomenal dance team made up entirely of children aged 8 – 13. This amount of variety is a blessing in voice-dominated network competition shows. It exposes you to things that you have never seen, which may inspire you to experience things you may never have.

A.G.T. always holds my attention until the end, and if you appreciate entertainment as much as I do, I’m sure your attention will be held as well. As far as whom I think will win, it’s a toss up. I love the painter (Dave Girabaldi and his CMYK), the dancers (The Untouchables), and the comedian (Tom Cotter). The finale airs tonight, so I guess I’ll find out then. Maybe I’ll even post about it. 

So, my message to A.G.T. is: YES! I am entertained!

0 comments:

Post a Comment