Monday, September 17, 2012

Wait, WHO WON?

I am usually not a HUGE football fan, but this year I have become very intrigued by the Miami Dolphins. Maybe it's the complete restructuring, maybe it's the rookie quarterback with the attractive wife, I don't know, but I have found myself watching pre-season games (which I don't often do). Miami's pre-season was quite an embarrassment. Who could possibly think that they could achieve anything this year.

Apparently the Fins fans spoke a little too soon. When I turned on ESPN radio, I would constantly hear people complaining about management and ownership. Blaming the pre-season performance on general manager Jeff Ireland, and calling for his head on a stick.

So what do we say now?

After losing every pre-season game, and the season opener, the Dolphins astonished an entire city by essentially dominating the Oakland Raiders. Granted, it's way to early to say the Dolphins are back on track, or the Oakland Raiders suck, but this win is definitely something we have not seen in five weeks of football.

I would hope Tannehill and Bush can maintain focus as the season goes on...heck, even Hartline contributed some big plays.

With all that said...there are only 12 days left until Miami Heat training camp. Now THAT is my team, and has been since the days of the Great-Lebanese-Hope, Rony Seikaly.



0 comments:

Post a Comment