Monday, September 17, 2012

Revolution Pilot

Well, today was the premier of the new J.J. Abrams project "Revolution." I decided to give it a watch, because I am a fan of previous Abrams work. Although I don't really like to put too much faith in a man based on his previous achievements, I've enjoyed many of his to give me some hope for Revolution.




Revolution is about life after electricity. All power mysteriously goes out, and people must learn to survive. 15 years after the black out, you see people living as you would have in the 16th century, or modern day if you're Amish.

Most of the actors aren't too well known aside from Elizabeth Mitchell, who played Juliet in Abrams' smash hit (and my obsession for 6 years) LOST, Giancarlo Esposito, who famously and marvelously portrayed "Gus" on Breaking Bad, and some other guy that I recognize from other things...possibly "Private Practice," but I will never admit to watching that show. The rest of the actors, based on this 1 episode, didn't blow me away. The plot of this episode was marginally interesting, but that does not mean the show will not be a success.

I feel like this show should try and stay away from too much mystery and be more of an action/adventure show. Mystery worked for LOST and Fringe, but we all know what happened to FlashForward and Alcatraz (for the record, I enjoyed Alcatraz). I think if they keep it simple, which is basically what the show is about, then they could have something really interesting.





0 comments:

Post a Comment